Retail Team Leader
Location: Tebay Services
Job Code: TN157
Good food is at the very heart of everything we do. We believe good food matters. So we serve it where you'd least expect it - on the motorway. We were the first family run motorway services on the UK roads and over the past 40 years have grown to a business which has over 1,000 people working with us over six sites.
We couldn't do anything without our family of people working together to create long lasting positive memories for our customer. We are proud of our difference and we are constantly striving to do it better. We work with people who really care about food and where it comes from and want to share this experience with our customers.
Our first motorway service area, at Tebay, opened 45 years ago when the M6 was built through the Dunning family farm. We work with over 70 local producers within 30 miles; food with locality and a sense of belonging is at the very heart of everything we do. We believe proper food matters so we serve it where you'd least expect it, in our Farmshops and Kitchens, on the motorway
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Team Leader to join our retail department to ensure delivery of excellent service to our customers across our Farmshop.
You will have experience leading a team, running shifts, excellent communication skills and people management experience. We recruit people who share our values. You will lead by example to ensure effective running of the shift and that your team consistently deliver an exceptional level of service to our customers. Responsibilities include ensuring our shop standards and availability are excellent as well as ensuring that cleaning duties are completed and we are compliant with all HACCP requirements.
This is a permanent full time position working 37.25 hours per week in 5 shifts over 7 days on a set 3 week rota (earliest start times can be 7am and latest finish time could be 11pm).
Sound like you? Then send us an application and we’d love to discuss it with you further.
In return we will offer you fantastic benefits across the Westmorland Family including;
- Pay £9.99 per hour
- Completion of our in-house management training programme.
- Free transport to and from work (set route applies)
- Free meal allowance while on shift, as well as free tea and coffee
- Between 25% and 50% discount on most items in our cafes and shops
- Free car parking
- 28 days holiday increasing with length of service to 33 days (pro rata'd for part time employees) and the opportunity to purchase additional holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme after completion of your probationary period
- Paid Volunteering day off each year
- An opportunity to grow your career with us
- 28 days holiday increasing with length of service to 33 days (pro rata for part time employees)